APA guidelines and resolutions
- Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual Clients
Approved as APA Policy by the Council of Representatives, Feb. 18-20, 2011.
- Report of the APA Task Force on Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation
A six-member task force conducted a systematic review of the peer-reviewed journal literature on sexual orientation change efforts (SOCE). They concluded that such efforts are unlikely to be successful and involve some risk of harm, contrary to claims of SOCE practitioners and advocates.
- Issues in Psychotherapy with Lesbians and Gay Men: A Survey of Psychologists
Reprint: Garnets, L., Hancock, K.A., Cochran, S. D., Goodchilds, J., and Peplau, L.A. (1991). Issues in psychotherapy with lesbians and gay men: A survey of psychologists. American Psychologist, 46, 964-972.
- Lesbian and Gay Parenting
Includes a summary of research findings on lesbian mothers, gay fathers and their children; an annotated bibliography of the published psychological literature; and additional resources relevant to lesbian and gay parenting.
- Resources > APA Publications
- APA Public Interest site > Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns
- APA Public Interest site > Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns > APA Policy Statements on Lesbian, Gay, & Bisexual Concerns
- APA Public Interest site > Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns > Amicus Briefs
- APA Public Interest site > Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns > Advocacy Letters
- APA Public Interest site > Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns > LGBC Publications & Reports